1. There is no date limit for when your picture was taken, it can be from last week or 20 years (or more!) ago.
2. The person entering must be the person who took the photo. You can’t nominate another photographer.
3. There are 8 available categories for you to submit your entry. Please read the descriptions to select the most appropriate category. You are welcome to submit the same image across multiple categories - it will be judged according to each entered category’s criteria.
4. Images in each category will be judged on a series of criteria, which is outlined below.
5. You cannot enter the same image more than once into one category. Duplicate entries will be judged as one submission.
6. There is no ‘minimum skill’ requirement. The WPS Awards is open to wedding and elopement photographers of all experience levels.
7. Entries from styled shoots or images that are produced for workshops / seminars / staged portfolio shots are not eligible for entry.
Once all submissions have been received by the closing date, the internal judges of the WPS Awards will review and rate all submissions based on the criteria listed below
Following the first round of judging, the top 10 applicants of each category will be shortlisted and scored against the criteria by the WPS Awards 2021 judging panel featuring:
The shortlisted category entry which receives the highest score will be announced the category winner!
All images will be based on the same criteria across each category, including the criteria ‘Capturing the essence of the category’ which rewards entrants who have successfully fulfilled the requirements.
- Capturing the essence of the category - This means your image achieves the intent and creativity of the specified category
- Camera Awareness
- Judges Score - Technical proficiency isn’t everything. This allows the judges to apply a score to your image based on how it makes them feel.
Often caught up in the everyday hustle, it’s incredibly important that we’re not just supporting our industry, but also the wider
community. While many of us have experienced our share of tough times, there are many who are also quietly hurting behind
Extending the love and respect we have for one another beyond our creative circle, we want to spread awareness and do our bit for those who are suffering undeserved hardship and distress.
Worsening already heartbreaking situations, with new victims requesting support, domestic violence reports have soared since
COVID-19. The thought of thousands of victims across the world who are currently experiencing the unspeakable is terrifying in
This is why we’ve chosen to donate all profits from the 2021 WPS Awards to
If you are a victim of family/domestic violence, please speak up and reach out. Find your local support service and seek help. Enough is enough, don’t prolong your pain in silence.