Terms & Conditions
2. WPS Awards (“the Contest”) will be run by Enerjai Electrical Pty Ltd ACN 609322661
3. (we, our or us). The Contest is open to any individual aged 18 or over (“the Contestants”) that meet the entry criteria below at Section B.
3. By entering the Contest, you accept these Terms and Conditions governing the Contest together with any specific instructions and terms for the Contest which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to Contestants in any other way (“Terms and Conditions”).
4. We may, in our absolute discretion, refuse to award any prize to any Contestant who fails to agree to or comply with these Terms.
2. Eligibility and Entry
3. To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must:
4. be an individual (not a company or body corporate);
5. be at least 18 years of age as at the date of your entry into the Contest;
6. agree to provide us with proof of identification, including verification of address;
7. not be:
1. an employee or contractor of ours,
2. any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of the Contest; or
3. an immediate family member (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the individuals specified at 6(d)(i) and (ii).
6. The Contest opens at 9 AM (AEST) on October 25, 2021. The closing time and date for receipt of entries is 9 AM (AEST) November 24, 2021.
7. You are free to submit as many categories as you wish and each entry will be judged separately. However, you can only be shortlisted and selected as a finalist once per category. It is at our sole discretion to select the finalists for each category.
8. To enter the Contest, you must do the following:
1. read and accept these Terms and Conditions;
2. pay the submission payment of USD$15; and
provide additional contact details so we can contact you if you are selected as a finalist.
9. Submissions must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above at clause 9. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
10. Entries are not valid until you have uploaded your photo entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted or finalised after the Contest has closed. Any Entry which is incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensible may be void.
11. Your Entry must be entirely original. By entering the Contest, you warrant that:
12. all information submitted by you is true, current, and complete;
13. you are the copyright owner of your Entry and that it is an original work; and
14. your Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
12. All Entries will be subject to moderation. We have sole discretion to accept or reject any Entry at any time and for any reason. We are not obligated to provide reasons for our decision. We may refuse to upload any Entry for any reason, including:
13. inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
14. inclusion of content in photo entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, without the requisite authorisations; or
15. breach of these Terms and Conditions.
13. We reserve the right to use or not use your Entry at our sole discretion.
14. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the Entry, or the operation of any part of the Contest, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. We may disqualify you from the Contest if we reasonably believe that you have:
17. breached any of these Terms and Conditions;
18. failed to satisfy the entry eligibility requirements under clause 9;
19. engaged in any conduct likely to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Contest;
20. acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or in a manner with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person; or
21. submitted an Entry that is not original or that uses a third party's intellectual property without consent.
16. We reserve the right to claim damages from a disqualified Contestant.
17. Intellectual Property
18. By entering the Contest, you grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence which is exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for any of the intellectual property submitted as an Entry for any purpose including, without limitation, in connection with
19. any programme produced in relation to the Contest or containing any information in relation to the Contest, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such programme (and derivative works thereof), and
20. our internet websites, wireless applications, and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Contestants.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, these rights set out in clause 16 include, without limitation, the absolute right to:
19. edit and/or alter any Entry;
20. distribute and synchronize all or any portion of any Entry in timed relation to any other visual elements;
21. encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of any Entry;
22. edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of any Entry;
23. create composites of any Entry,
24. excerpt and/or extract portions of any Entry.
5. Categories and Finalists
6. The following categories will be open for submissions:
7. Emotive, Location, Film, Light, Creative, Elopement, GIF and Untamed
8. Peer Voted Award,
(together, “the Categories”).
20. Once the time period for submissions has closed, the judges will create a shortlist for each Category of the top10 Entries (“the Finalists”) from all eligible Entries received.
21. Finalists will be notified that they have made the shortlist and the relevant Category. The Finalists first names and surnames may be published.
22. We reserve the right to select an alternative Finalist in the event that a Finalist is unable to be contacted.
23. Public Vote
24. The public will be invited to vote for their favourite Finalist (“the Public Vote”). An individual may vote online once and voting is free. The Public Vote will be determined by the below factors:
25. number of peer votes.
24. We reserve the right to disallow votes if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (for example, votes exceed an amount that a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
25. The Finalist who receives the highest number of valid public votes in accordance with the criteria in clause 22 will be the winner of the ‘Peer Voted Award’ Category.
8. In each Category, other than the Peer Voted Award, the Finalist who receives the best overall judging score will win that Category. Entries will be judged at our sole discretion. Our decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The Contest is a game of skill, and winners will not be drawn at random. Each Entry will be individually judged in accordance with the judging criteria determined by us at our discretion.
28. In the event of an equal number of votes, all tied Finalists will be judged by the WPS team, who will determine at its sole discretion which Finalist should win the relevant Category.
29. We will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using the contact details provided by the Finalist for each Category but in the event of any failure to make contact or a Finalist’s failure to respond within 48 hours of the results of the Public Vote being announced, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to withhold the Prize or select an alternative winner from the Finalists for the relevant Category.
30. Each Category winner must take part in interviews, promotional materials or events as requested by us for a reasonable period after the announcement of Finalists. In the event that the winner is not available when required, we reserve the right to select an alternative Category winner.
32. The prize for Category winners comprises:
33. a unique trophy to be sent at expense of the awarding body; and
34. publication of the Category winners’ Entry in the Hello May magazine; and
35. publication of the Category winners’ Entry on the Hello May blog,
(together, “the Prize”).
32. You acknowledge that the Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for any other value or consideration.
33. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to provide the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions, or a Contestant's breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
34. Privacy and Publicity
35. You agree for us to collect the information you submit as part of your Entry for the purposes of entering into the Contest and eligibility for the Prize.
35. The first names and surnames of the Finalists put through to the Public Vote and each Category winner may be available on the WPS website from the date the Finalists are announced for a minimum period of three months.
36. We may exercise our sole discretion to use all Finalists’ names, images of the Entry, and Finalists’ comments relating to the Prize and Contest for promotion of the Prize, this Contest or WPS. This includes use for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
37. The information you supply in connection with the Contest (including any personal details):
38. may be included in a database compiled for the Contest and will be used for the purposes of selecting Finalists;
39. may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any programme produced in connection with the Contest; and
40. will not be supplied to third parties outside WPS other than as is reasonably necessary to select Finalists and administer the Contest.
38. Any personal information provided by you will only be used by us in accordance with our Privacy Statement or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
10. Third party software
11. As part of the Contest, you will be asked to use third-party software or websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party software or website, and such usage of a third-party website does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation with the website or its owner by us.
40. The use of third-party software or websites is at your own risk. Any use of a third-party’s software or website will be subject to, and any information you provide will be governed by, the third-party software or website's terms, including those relating to confidentiality, privacy, and security.
42. You indemnify us, and our related bodies corporate, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors (“Related Parties”), from any claim in respect of your Entry;
42. We, and our Related Parties, are not liable for:
43. any Contest entries lost, misdirected, or otherwise not received or processed adequately by us;
44. any failure to perform or delay in performance of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions, to the extent that the failure or delay is caused by any act, omission, event, or circumstance outside of the reasonable control of us; or
45. any loss, damage or injury suffered by you arising out of or in connection with this Contest to the extent permitted by law.
43. Nothing in this clause intends to limit or exclude your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
45. In the event that you do not, or are unable to, comply with these Terms and Conditions, we will be entitled, at our sole discretion, to disqualify you without any further liability to you. In these circumstances, any prize won by you may be forfeited. You must comply with any directions given by us including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
45. You will not be entitled to be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with the creation of your Entry.
46. Subject to any applicable laws, we reserve the right to amend, modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest or these Terms at any time without notice to you. Any changes will be posted within these Terms and Conditions.
47. These Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Our Customer Services team may be contacted at email@example.com
Terms last updated 23/10/2021